Civil court expert report
This case concerns a dispute about a front-end loader with power-assisted steering. This vehicle, bought second-hand, failed after 80 hours' use.
The brief of A. MERGER Experts was to::
- Convene the parties and their representatives.
- Familiarise itself with the elements of the case and have all relevant documents sent to it.
- Examine the equipment at issue i.e. the front-end loader.
- Describe and identify the failure affecting this piece of equipment.
- Determine the origin of this failure.
- Make any relevant investigations of fact and any observations concerning the origin, cause, imputability and the period of occurrence of the defective workmanship, imperfections or defects affecting the equipment.
- Make any recommendations with a view to repairing the equipment, and calculate the cost of doing so.
- Make any assessment as to the value of the equipment in the condition in which it was on the day of the sale, and in its present condition.
- Determine whether this equipment is suitable for its intended use.
- Obtain any relevant information from any professionals.
- Where applicable, calculate the applicant's losses in value, financial losses and heads of damage.
- Provide all the technical and factual elements relevant to the resolution of the dispute, determining liabilities and calculating the loss.
- Make any observations relevant to the resolution of the dispute.